Things To Know and Bring To the Seminars
- Paper and Pencil.
- New officials (if you are new to hockey officiating, you can only attend a Level 1 seminar):
- Helmet - without full face mask
- Hockey player skates - not goalie skates
- Whistle - one that fits on the fingers, NOT one on a lanyard
- Returning officials:
- The seminar requires that you are in attendance for the entire event!
- No late arrivals.
- No early dismissal.
- A few seminars are part of a series of sessions in which attendance to all sessions is mandatory. Be aware of this before selecting the seminar you choose to attend.
- The NYSAHA $10.00 fee, which was formerly collected at USA Hockey seminars,
will now be payable online along with your USA Hockey referee registration fee.
Anyone using a paper application must contact your Local Supervisor prior
to attending the seminar.
- Unless otherwise specified, there will be NO meals provided.
Each participant is responsible to meet their own needs for food and drink.
- Levels 2, 3, and 4 - THERE IS A CLOSED BOOK EXAM - BE PREPARED!!!
- NO HELMET means that you CANNOT SKATE which means that you get NO SEMINAR CREDIT!
SEMINAR SCHEDULES FOR NEIGHBORING DISTRICTS:
Seminars in the New England District (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island)
Seminars in the Massachusetts District
Seminars in the Atlantic District (New Jersey, Delaware and eastern Pennsylvania)
Seminars in the Mid-American District (western Pennsylvania and Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky)
Revised: July 29, 2009
Questions and comments to:
© 2003-2009 New York State Amateur Hockey Association Officiating Program.
All rights reserved.